The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) (/showthread.php?tid=3848)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - Chris Williams - 22 Apr 2013

As an FYI it seems there is another DeLorean book out this year as well...just noticed this whilst browsing Ebay in the US:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DeLorean-Dr ... 193wt_1328
Ok, not the book but it seems soon to be released reading the description.
Chris

Re: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - RobScott - 02 Jun 2013

http://thedmcdream.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... -6507.html

yeah this guy hasnt owned a delorean, which i think is a bit strange to write a book if you wernt an employee or havent owned a car...... i found him while searching for the vin on my car. 6507

I have just purchased nicks book, now i'm not one for reading books at all, i hate reading books, unless they are technical instructions, build manuals etc (i know i'm sad). and I've got to say, since i got the book yesterday, i have read a third, and i'm enjoying it Big Grin great book!

Re: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - Chris Williams - 05 Jun 2013

Quote:I have just purchased nicks book, now i'm not one for reading books at all, i hate reading books, unless they are technical instructions, build manuals etc (i know i'm sad). and I've got to say, since i got the book yesterday, i have read a third, and i'm enjoying it Big Grin great book!
LOL yes I'm like that as well, don't think of it as sad, look on it as I do...educational! I think ChrisP's book when it comes out will be a great read as well. Knowing the wealth of information he has on file and pictures plus all the other input then I think it will be a really good book. I have seen a lot of the photo's he has and they are very good to say the least.
Chris

Re: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - Chris P - 05 Jun 2013

Thanks for that Chris,
in all honesty much of the writing so far will be / has been, done by Barrie Wills. He has looked up and met with most of his surviving contacts. We we up to 150 pages already. The detail is incredible. Who did what, said what and when. etc etc.
He is currently writing in great detail about the receivership/ closure, which is fascinating stuff. GDP, Lotus etc. These will all be tied together by our huge photo/ document archive.

My and Andy's writings will concentrate on things post 1983 including Wooler Hodec , prototypes , UK cars, the DOC UK .....right up to date.

I am tasked with collating and collecting together all the photographs for insertion.

Which reminds me, i'd like pictures of all club members next to their cars, these will be included in the "owners section". please feel free to start sending them in now. Include a brief history of the car and a photo of the vin, engine and chassis number ( near the cat) .... chris@parnham.net will be best.

Best regards
Chrispy

Re: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - nick sutton - 05 Jun 2013

Quote:Just finished Nick's book. It is a enjoyable read. Infact I could not put it down.

Nick might be the man to ask about a little piece of tooling that I was given as a apprentice working for Standard Products Ltd (SPL). This was probably known as Silient Channel at the time (it is now part of Cooper Tires).
They made rubber seals and body side mouldings. Alas no longer in the UK.

To cut a long story short I was helping sort out some old extrusion dies for ISO 9000/1 this involved throwing away old dies that had no drawings or paperwork.
One of the dies had "DeLorean" stamped on it. I have long been a DeLorean fan and the Projects Engineer I was helping gave me the die as it had no paperwork. It is a prototype die.
A few years later when I got my car I was able to see that the die looks to be the one for the outer door seal.
I did talk to one of the oldest serving employes at the time who had retired and come back as a consultant. His recollection was that they had produced prototype parts but not gone into production.

I wonder if Nick remembers ?

Regards
Nick H
Thanks for question Nick - I'm sorry I have only just read your post. Of course I know Silent Channel but they were not used on the production vehicle but they may well have been used by Lotus in their development programme particularly for the sliding window versions of the "Doris " cars. In production for door seals we used were made by Schlegal also for the , dropping glass seal and hood seal. We spent £8180 on tooling and jigs for the products.
I trust this information is of some utility and once again apologies for the delay in replying.If you have any more questions please let me know.
Nick

Re: Nick Sutton's DeLorean Story book (price varies) - RobScott - 09 Jun 2013

Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:I have just purchased nicks book, now i'm not one for reading books at all, i hate reading books, unless they are technical instructions, build manuals etc (i know i'm sad). and I've got to say, since i got the book yesterday, i have read a third, and i'm enjoying it Big Grin great book!
LOL yes I'm like that as well, don't think of it as sad, look on it as I do...educational! I think ChrisP's book when it comes out will be a great read as well. Knowing the wealth of information he has on file and pictures plus all the other input then I think it will be a really good book. I have seen a lot of the photo's he has and they are very good to say the least.
Chris

lol, Educational, yeah thats a good way to look at it....alltho the wife doesnt see the pile of haynes manuals by the side of the bed in that way, ha ha.

I'm very much looking forward to Chris' book Big Grin